Friday, February 20, 2009

The Road Warriors

As planning for the trip progresses, now is the appropriate time to introduce everyone to my fellow road warrior and resident road trip expert, Shane Epperson. Shane and I have traveled portions of the Blue Ridge Parkway before, as well as other short trips.

The above photo was taken Feb. 7, 2009 at the Georgia Guidestones, located outside Elberton, Georgia. Shane and I rode a total of 570 miles in one day (including a stop at an Atlanta Waffle House). For you conspiracy buffs out there, the Guidestones appear to advocate some sort of flowery new world order. What I noticed was the not-so-subtle advertisement for the Elberton Granite Museum at the bottom of the monument (Elberton, GA is the self-proclaimed Granite Capital of the World). If it isn't the Illuminati, it's the marketers.


The final line of the Guidestones' cryptic message says: "Be not a cancer on the Earth." I chose to take that as my motivation for raising money for Relay for Life; Let there be no cancer on Earth. And with two revolutionaries like us in the fight, Cancer and the Guidestones should both be very afraid.


Donation Total Thus Far: $132.00
Thanks to John Barrow and Denise Smith (my Aunt Neese) for their contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment