Saturday, February 21, 2009

Meet the Bikes (One of them, anyway...)

Somebody once said that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. That guy obviously never went anywhere on a motorcycle.

The Relay on the Ridge journey continued to "begin" today with an all-out fluids change (oil & filter, brake, and coolant). Since this is how I (and Shane) spent today preparing for the RotR, I suppose I could introduce everyone to my bike.

It is a 2004 Honda CB 919 (CB900F). The stock bike is about as solid a machine as you could want. It's comfortable and fast; a good combination for a long-distance ride through the twists and turns of the Blue Ridge Parkway. To the stock bike I've added a Corbin seat, a Givi Maxia top box, a Givi windscreen, and a set of Givi throw-over panniers (not pictured). It does not have a nickname, like the bike you'll meet in the next installment of Meet the Bikes: The Bull...

No comments:

Post a Comment